Find out exactly when to use a Sheet Mask
1. To treat specific skincare concerns (like dehydration or dullness)
Sheet masks are like a tall glass of water for your skin. They provide a concentrated dose of nourishing ingredients that can be used to boost your current skincare regimen. By giving your skin an additional dose of active ingredients, sheet masks will help you get the results you are looking for.
You can easily add a sheet mask to your existing skincare routine weekly to treat whatever skincare concerns you might have. For example:
- If your skin is feeling dehydrated, add a Hydrating Sheet Mask with Hyaluronic Acid
- If your skin is feeling dull, add a Brightening Sheet Mask with Niacinamide
- If your skin is feeling lacklustre, add a Firming Sheet Mask with Collagen
But it’s not all about instant results and just looking after what your skin needs now. It’s also about looking after the future health of your skin by giving it the support it needs to stay healthy for years to come. That’s why every mask by The Unnamed also contains anti-aging peptides to prevent the future signs of aging.
2. Before you apply make up (get ready to glow)
Whether you’re staying in and going to #GetUpandGlamUp or you’re ready to share your best #HauteCOUCHture selfie, sheet masks help you to get the perfect canvas for your make up. Think of it like this, when you apply make up to hydrated, glowing skin the end result is absolutely lifted.
For your best make up ever, here’s what you need to do:
- Cleanse & tone your skin as you normally would
- Apply a sheet mask to give your skin an injection of nourishment and wear for the recommended 15 to 20 minutes
- After you take the mask off, do not cleanse your skin. Instead, use a cotton pad to simply tissue off any excess serum that hasn’t fully absorbed into your skin. This will ensure your make up applies smoothly and directly onto your skin, rather than adhering to the serum and potentially pilling or clumping
- Go ahead and apply your make up to soothed, hydrated skin that is primed to be the perfect canvas and ready to glow
It’s absolutely up to you when you want to sheet mask. You can actually do it any time you like. Put it this way, there is never a bad time to wear a sheet mask.
At the moment, when we are all spending more time at home than ever before, a sheet mask can be a beautiful way to take some time to unwind. Picture this… It’s Friday night, you’re staying in. Glass of wine in hand, Netflix on, candle lit and sheet mask on. We’re also not opposed to a Wednesday morning mid-week pick-me-up in the form of a sheet mask!
Remember, whenever you choose to do a sheet mask, you’re giving your skin a concentrated dose of nourishing ingredients that will help your skin look and feel its best, so why not, right?
When’s your favourite time to sheet mask?