Let's take a moment to hear from some inspiring mothers in the lead up to Mother's Day. Starting with...
Forensic Psychologist | Platter Queen | Gin Connoisseur | Mother to Indiana Fox (4) & Jesse Wilde (2)
FAVOURITE THING ABOUT BEING A MOTHER?
- I love watching their personalities and friendship grow everyday and enjoy teaching them new things. Being a mum is so much more enjoyable because Mike is a great dad!
AND THE HARDEST?
- Definitely balancing everything you need to do. Working on building your career, marriage, family, maintaining friendships and of course making some time to squeeze in some much needed self-care.
WHAT DO YOU USUALLY DO FOR SELF CARE?
- Yoga or some kind of exercise
- Experimenting making Gin Cocktails
- Cooking and entertaining for friends
- Researching family holidays
- Going to the beach (we are there almost every weekend).
- Doing a face mask - I particularly like The Unnamed Firming & Anti-Aging mask
- Going for a facial or a massage
FAVOURITE ACTIVITIES TO DO WITH INDIE & JESSE?
- Going to the beach or anything outdoors like walking through the gardens, riding our bikes, gardening and of course taking a few sneaking pics of them while they do it. We also love going on holiday and traveling with them however we have had to change our expectations of what travel looks like now. They have definitely taught us to slow down and take the time to explore where we are more.
FAVOURITE BOOKS TO READ WITH THE KIDS?
- Indie - Thelma The Unicorn by Aaron Blabey
- Jessie - Where The WIld Things Are by Maurice Sendak
- Catherine - The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson
FAVOURITE TRAVEL DESTINATIONS WITH KIDS?
- New Zealand
- Mission Beach and Palm Cove
FAVOURITE MEMORY WITH YOUR MOTHER?
- Time spent together on family holidays growing up. I love that we still get to go on holidays together and create new memories all together. I love watching my kids spend time with my Mum (Gigi)
WHAT DOES YOUR IDEAL MOTHER'S DAY LOOK LIKE?
- Just like any other of our weekends! Breakfast and coffee down at the beach all together followed by some family exercise. And a sneaky Gin Cocktail once the kids have gone to bed x